Monday, June 15, 2015

New obsession

Hello there! How have you been? I have been great! Wonderful amazingly happily great! Not because of the bad weather we've been having for weeks now or the mosquitos that come with that.
I have rekindled my love for planners. In a whole new way I might add. When I was in middleschool in the Netherlands I started decorating my cheap ugly plain planners and it was a total hit. Everybody did it. We did a combination of planning (school schedules) and "friendsbook" writing. I'm not sure that's the correct word for it in english since it's vriendenboek in dutch but I'll post a picture for reference.














I just found this cute one on an Etsy store and it's actually made in the Netherlands. It's a grown-ups version. In case you're interested here's the link https://www.etsy.com/listing/196065323/friendsbook-for-grownups
All my schoolfriends would leave me a message in my planner. Was really fun to see and to read. They would also add stickers and drawings and usually by the end of the schoolyear my planner was bursting at the seams with deliciousness.

And now I am all up into planners again. Love it all but the Midori's really caught my eye. I love the simplicity of it. It's a brilliant system and very budget friendly too unless you go all out and buy all the varieties there are. And there are a lot. I have been drooling on etsy for a couple of days and am really restraining myself. I have an original Midori on its way and want to try it out before I dive into the BIG Dori World. I will dive into it no doubt about that lol.
So far my favorite etsystore is FoxyFix, There you can buy a customized Dori. It's not the original Midori but a Foxidori. Such a cute name!

But to start my planning journey the right way I bought the Christy Tomlinson workshop about planners. All things planners. It's amazing! If you're into planners you should definitely take a look.
Click on the image to go to the website
There is so much stuff in there. So many videos and other awesomeness. And since I'm a DIY girl I definitely tried making my own dori. That was no success. The problem being I can't get the right leather here in Suriname. The stuff  I got is too flimsy. And to buy a piece of leather from Amazon is too expensive. Better to get an original. Also I've never actually seen or had one so no reference there. I can't wait for it to get here with my cute inserts.

Okay, enough talk about planners lol. I'm off to drooling over planner accessories and adding them to my pinterest board. Byeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment